This month has seen…
- Judd is 83cms tall, and 11 kgs
- Fitting into size 1 clothes, size 0′s are too tight unless they have the buttons around his neck.
- Parrots what we say. My favourite was I Love You, but there are really too many that are gorgeous to mention. His words are over 80+ now, I am so proud of what he can say. He tells me if he is cold or hot even! Clever little man.
- FOUR teeth on the way. Ugh. On a good night he will wake up once, but lately his teeth have been hurting him, poor little love.
- Will sleep twice a day some days, and only once others, so I think we will be transitioning to one soon.
- Obsessed with Daddoom (Daddy) and his car. Asks to go in the car as soon as he wakes up.
- Tells knock knock jokes… Thinks he is hilarious. We do too.
- Loves eating dinner with us, and I love sitting down as a family whoever we can, at least 5 nights a week.
- Finally loves shoes and boots! I wanting to head up to the shops quickly the other day, and he asked for his Shoes, and I explained to him that it would just be quick. Judd turns to me and says, ‘Need Shoes! Walk!’ I have been drilling it into him for months that he needs to wear his shoes if he wants to walk!
- Won’t sit still for a photo on the chair… So I think the time has come to stop with the monthly updates, and move them to milestone birthday’s… I will still try every month but I don’t like my chances…
This month, we found out that we are having a little GIRL in September! We are over the moon to be getting a pink one, so this month’s couch photo was to signify Judd becoming a big brother, to his little sister.
Monday we meet again. Ugh. The first 5 day week in a while, back to school for the kids, some rain and some cold weather. Perfect snuggle in bed and don’t move, Friends marathon, curl up with a good book, anything but reality kind of day. I hope you can find something positive out of your morning wake up call anyway!
You know those weeks where you just run out of all of your essentials? This week is one of those for me. Here are a few or mine… It’s going to be an expensive week…
#one – Napoleon Perdis Pro Palette Concealer
#two – Clinique Liquid Facial Wash
#three – Maybelline Volume Express Mega Plush Mascara
#four – Diorshow Mascara. If I COULD, I would buy it from Sephora. LOOK AT THAT PRICE!
#five – Kerastase Shampoo
On a separate note, don’t you think beauty companies should NOT be allowed to show models wearing false eyelashes when they are advertising their mascara? So wrong!
When I say Wish List Wednesday this week, I really mean it. Some of the items on here are only for the Real Housewives of Melbourne, but I can dream…
#1. High Heel Leather Ankle Boots with Zips, from Zara.
#2. Decjuba Temptress Vest in Mocha.
#3. Dark Matter Leather Jacket, via theiconic.com.au
#4. Antonio Ben Chimol Sterling silver laser snake bracelets via hardtofind.com.au
#5. Grab Featherprint Sweater, from Myer.
#6. Baux Signature Gather Tote, from Oroton.
#7. Rochas embellished metallic leather point-toe flats, via net-a-porter.
I adore this recipe, but it is very decadent so my hubby and I only have it a few times a year. My girlfriend made it for all of us girls one night, and we were all in heaven, I remember wanting to lick to bowl. Totally didn’t, I’m much classier than that… Sometimes.
Since then, I contact her every time I make it to get the recipe, and I still seem to lose it every time. So here it is, in a safe place. It really needs to be shared with the world anyway :)
Crispy Prosciutto Spaghetti
1 small to medium sweet potato
250g Spaghetti Pasta
2 cloves garlic, crushed
8 slices prosciutto
8 medium egg tomatoes, quartered
1 sleeve (at least 1 cup) shredded fresh basil
1 sleeve (at least one cup) chopped fresh parsley
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup pine nuts
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into 2cm cubes. Place on a roasting tray and roast at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Add spaghetti to a large pan of boiling water, uncovered and cook for 8 minutes or as per the packet instructions. Drain.
- Heat the garlic and prosciutto in a large wok or pan, and stir fry until prosciutto is crisp. Remove from the pan using tongs, onto a paper towel or absorbent paper.
- Add tomatoes to the pan, stir fry until just soft.
- Combine the basil, parsley, oil, juice and vinegar in a jar.
- Add the sweet potato, pasta, prosciutto and basil mixture to the pan with the tomatoes, and stir fry to coat and heat.
- Add the pine nuts just before serving.
Let me know if you try it and what you think!